Turkey Trot-Virginia Style

Over Thanksgiving we went to Virginia to dine with the Virginia Archibalds.  To open our Turkey Day celebrations, we ran in a race.  This was Isaac's first foot race, and he was very nervous.  He was afraid of me leaving him, so I ran next to him and his cousin Devin for the 1/2 mile race.  It was a good warm up for my race that came later.  This is a picture of the Isaac and his cousins with their participation medals after the race.

I was hoping that Reid would run with me since he says he doesn't care about 5K races.  But as soon as the race started, he took off like a rocket and left me in the dust.  I ran a pretty good race for myself, going faster than I had in years, but I couldn't keep up with Reid.  Come to find out he wanted to beat his older brother in the race.  I guess he does care about 5K races after all, if he wants to show up his brother, that is. 

By the time the races were over, we were all thoroughly frozen.  The meal and pie warmed us up though.  I was impressed that our Florida accustomed bodies survived the cold without too much complaint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not your typical Christmas Day

Brevard Phoenix Cup

L3Harris Rocket Launch