May the Fourth vs. Cinco de Mayo

This post actually has nothing to do with the title, other than this weekend was May 4-5th.  Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Here's what we actually did:

I was able to go with Isaac to his last field trip of the year to the local bowling alley.  I actually despise bowling, but they didn't allow me to bowl, so it was totally fine.  I got to cheer on all the little 1st graders who probably would have bowled better than me had I been allowed to bowl.

Isaac, on the other hand, LOVED it. He kept telling me that he was going to have another bowling party for his birthday, and that I just HAD to bowl, just HAD to.  Then LegoLand Florida ran a special on season passes over the weekend and we bought those.  He abandoned the idea of going bowling in favor of going to LegoLand.  Whew!  Dodged a bullet!

This week, Isaac and Esther also insisted that I take pictures of them and their play dough creations.  I obliged, so you get these cute pictures of Esther and her little green heart and Isaac "dabbing" with blue play dough snowmen on his head.  



On Friday, I went to Book Cook Club with Isaac.  It's a club at school.  They meet on random Fridays.  This past Friday was their last meeting.  I didn't have a babysitter for Esther, and last time I volunteered to help, I realized other moms brought their other kids, so I let Esther come with me, even though I'm pretty sure it's against school rules.  

They made worms out of a lot of sugary high-fructose corn syrup with dye.  And they listened to a nonfiction book about worms.  I actually learned that birds only eat worms when other food is scarce, and that the biggest consumer of earthworms is hedgehogs.  As you can tell from the pictures, Isaac and Esther were totally enthralled with the book.  




Then when we had a chance to kill some time with dad over the weekend, we went to the park and played basketball.  Isaac recently decided he was really good at basketball, and wanted to show off his skills.  But since he didn't take care of his basketball, he used his soccer ball to play.  


May the Fourth be with ya'll.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not your typical Christmas Day

Brevard Phoenix Cup

L3Harris Rocket Launch