School Days 2021

This has been long overdue.  My kids got into this "A+" charter school called West Melbourne School for Science.  My husband has been trying to convince me for a while that this would be a great place for them to go, but I was reluctant to give up the easy walk across the street to the public school.  But I put them in the lottery and all 3 of them got waitlisted.  I truly didn't think we would be going to this school this year, but then I got word that Isaac got a spot, then Jaydon.  Esther was in waitlist spot #1 when the deadline happened, so I thought for sure she wouldn't go to WMSS.  But then I got a call, AFTER THE DEADLINE, and they had gotten special permission to let her in!  Miracles do happen after all.  I guess there were a lot of people pulling their kids out of the school at the last moment due to COVID cases increasing. 

I forgot to take off Jaydon's eyepatch for this picture.  That is the front of the school.

We had to scramble to get Esther a uniform to wear to school by the first day.  The school secretary let me buy some used ones to hold us over until my online order arrived. School started August 10th.  I found out 1 week before school that she got in, and now 15 days after school started, I finally got word that the uniforms I ordered online are here. Hooray!

Isaac whined and complained since the moment he heard he was changing schools.  But he has already made new friends and seems to be doing well.  I'm so proud of him!

Jaydon doesn't know how to smile for pictures.  And you can see that around his eye is red from taking off his eyepatch for this picture.  Hopefully, though, the eye patches will help fix his weak eye and he won't have to have surgery.

 Here's to what I hope is a great year for the kiddos, even with Covid looming over us, IEPs and a call from the principal's office in the 2nd week of school. *sigh.  To the school's credit, every single teacher, administrator, and worker there has been fabulous with my kids.  Thanks, WMSS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not your typical Christmas Day

Brevard Phoenix Cup

L3Harris Rocket Launch