Kennedy Space Center

My parents came to Florida this month to visit.  We made a special trip out to the Kennedy Space Center to learn about space and astronauts.  We all got matching shirts from my mom for Christmas, so we made an effort to all wear them while we were there.  

This was the first time my parents and my Grandma were able to see the Kennedy Space Center.  They were much more interested in the history of it and my kids were more interested in the dipping dots Reid promised to buy them and in the playground.  Oh well.  We bought a year pass because it was just $20.00 more per ticket and my parents got to have an entrance discount, so we will be back and hopefully we can help our kids see how cool and how amazing what we have accomplished really is.  

Isaac's favorite and scariest part of this visit was the space shuttle simulation ride.  For awhile, he was truly convinced he and I had just blasted off into space.  He was very scared and let me know it, but afterwards, he couldn't talk about anything else.  We'll see if we can get him to go again next time.

Unfortunately, Esther was too small to ride the space shuttle simulation.  She handled the disappointment well, but hopefully next time she'll have grown just enough to ride on it.

Our family with the rocket launch site behind us.

My parents, and Grandma Lemmon with the kids.

One of the things the kids could climb in to pretend they are astronauts.

The moon capsule.  It is amazing that people actually traveled to the moon and back in that dinky thing.

At least Reid was interested in reading the descriptions by the displays.

This was Esther's favorite Astronaut suit and my favorite picture of Isaac's face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not your typical Christmas Day

Brevard Phoenix Cup

L3Harris Rocket Launch