Easter 2019

I'm lucky to have had my father-in-law with us this past Easter weekend.  He remembered to take photos, as I knew he would.  Every year, the kids meet with a few friends from church and we do an egg hunt the Saturday before Easter Sunday.  Isaac and Esther are old enough to have Easter expectations now.  The pressure is on the Easter bunny to perform.  

The group.  I think if must have been the dads' (and one grandpa's) official jobs take the photos. 

Esther and Daddy. I love that she's wearing a long sleeved snowflake shirt and shorts.

Isaac's haul included glow sticks!

On the Friday before Easter, we got egged.  Luckily in our nice suburban neighborhood, that means some mysterious do-gooder hid eggs around the front yard unbeknownst to us and then rang the door bell, and ran.  They left an Easter basket and a note, letting us know we'd been "egged" and that we should look for hidden eggs on the premises.  One egg, the note said, would be empty, because it symbolized the empty tomb after Jesus had risen.  The kids were so excited that they had almost all the eggs found before I could even turn on my phone to film them.


Isaac and Esther also sang in church with the rest of the primary kids.  Esther still gets nervous and has to be coaxed up front, but she actually sang this time.  I was proud.  It was a meaningful Easter.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not your typical Christmas Day

Brevard Phoenix Cup

L3Harris Rocket Launch