November in Florida

So far this month, Isaac finished his last soccer game with his favorite coach (Reid), and our children continue to entertain us with the funny things they say and do, and we went to see Santa at the Mall in Orlando.


 Isaac loved having his dad as a soccer coach this year.  He has really improved as a soccer player.  He made more goals the last half of the season and had a blast the whole season.  I remember one day when we went to soccer just to turn around and go home because it had been cancelled due to rain, and Isaac cried pretty hard over that.  Last Saturday he had a get together with his friends from soccer and had one last hurrah with them.  They played and had cupcakes and popcorn.  It was fun to watch them play together.  Needless to say, he will miss soccer.

Our children are always doing things that both make us laugh and frustrate us.  I had taken out the carseats to clean them, and Isaac's carseat was sitting in the living room waiting for me to put it back in the car.  Isaac couldn't restrain himself and decided to restrain himself.  He can unbuckle the top part of the seat, but he can't unclick the bottom buckle.  When I walked into the room and saw him crawling around like a turtle, I just couldn't stop myself from laughing.


Esther has a masterful vocabulary for an almost 3 year old, and even annunciates pretty well, but every so often she misinterprets words to our delight. She has been calling sodas "Minnesotas," and one time I asked her if she wanted some ravioli, and she answered loudly, "I don't want Holy Molies!"  I will miss some of those errors in speech.  They totally endear my children to me.


I know it's a little too early for Santa, (at least I thought so), but he's already at the Mall, so we went to see him anyway.  We waited for an hour and a half to finally get to him, and when we finally did, Esther squealed in delight and ran up to give him a big hug.  Isaac followed shortly after.  I supposed it was worth it, but I'm so glad I can check off standing in a long line like that with 2 squirmy and grouchy children for at least another year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not your typical Christmas Day

Brevard Phoenix Cup

L3Harris Rocket Launch